The European Voluntary Service program (EVS) is the Action 2 of the "YOUTH in ACTION" programme of the European Union.
The "EVS adventure" started within our organisation in May 1997 through the pilot EVS Network "Creative Cooperations", hosting the first EVS volunteer in Greece Uenver Meseci, a young Turkish-German painter. Following this we opened other EVS hosting projects such as local hosting or coordination organisations.
The current EVS hosting project in Kryoneri comprises the following:
DURATION: 1 till 6 months
Village of KRYONERI with 1.000 inhabitants. People live mainly on farming (grapes and olives).
You can find: shops, a youth bar, taverns, a agro-tourist hotel, an observatory (astronomy).
Its socio-cultural and educative infrastructures are: a kindergarden, a primary school, a high school, a cultural youth club, a youth center (our), a children play ground.
Sports installations: football, mini-soccer, basket-ball and volley-ball grounds.
Sea-side is at 15 km, and the moutainous area of Stymphalia / Feneo at 20 km.
1) Environmental education & actions :
- Creating educational material (games, information panels, powerpoint presentation, videos);
- Environmental workshops at schools: craft with recycled material, realize environmental games;
- Helping in youth and school groups environmental excursions;
- Environmental campaigns (World Water Monitoring Day, Bird Watching day, Recycling day).
2) Outdoor activities .
- Marking, cleaning, creating and mapping footpaths for mountain bikes and hiking,
- Creating environmental informative wood panels,
- Building bridges and other wood constructions,
- Organizing outdoor sports activities for children and youth,
- Bicycle driving lessons for children,
- Bird watching (4 times a year).
3) Creative and Cultural activities for YOUTH and CHILDREN
- Promotion of local heritage: Gathering field information & create information material for the promotion of the region, its traditions and cultural and natural heritage (Video spots, leaflets, etc.).
4) Support of Ecocitizens network:
- Communication & stimulation of members;
- Create an Eco-newsletter;
- Research on internet of eco-best practices;
- Update the website;
- Creation of training kits on Eco best practices.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org .
From 1998 till 2005 Filoxenia coordinated the following projects:
At the same time we send Greek EVS volunteers all over Europe.